SANCTUARY, Wis.-- Brooks Koepka claimed his dedication to Group USA and the Ryder Cup need to not be brought into question.

"I appreciate it. I assume it's a lot of enjoyable to play," Koepka stated Thursday at Whistling Straits, home to the 43rd Ryder Cup. "I would not be nervous on that particular initial tee if I really did not care."

A current extensive Q and also A with Golf Digest, nonetheless, cast question in some circles. So much so that Paul Azinger, who hemorrhages red, white and blue as well as has played in 4 editions of the Ryder Mug in addition to captaining the UNITED STATE to triumph in 2008, recommended if Koepka doesn't enjoy the Ryder Mug, he should have relinquished his spot in the group.

Yet Koepka, who has actually used the last two groups as well as is 4-3-1 in eight suits, never said he really did not like the Ryder Cup in his meeting with Golf Digest. He stated the Ryder Cup is various, specifically for a person that matured playing an individual sport.

RYDER MUG: Pairings, tee times, TELEVISION, streaming info, wagering chances"I do not intend to state it's a negative week, "the four-time major champion and world No. 10 told Golf Digest."We're so customized, and everybody has their regular as well as a various method of doing points, as well as now, it resembles, OK, we need to have a conference at this time or go do this or go do that. It's the opposite of what happens throughout a major week.

"It's tough. There are times where I resemble, 'I won my match. I did my work. What do you want from me?' I know exactly how to take duty for the shots I hit weekly. Currently, somebody else struck a bad shot and also left me in a bad place, as well as I recognize this hole is a loss. That's new, and you need to change the means you think about points. You go from a specific sport constantly to a group sport one week a year. It's thus far from my normal routine."

Team USA player Brooks Koepka has played on the last two Ryder Cup teams and is 4-3-1 in eight matches.

This led Azinger, that is the lead golf analyst this week, to claim in a teleconference that he had not been sure if Koepka likes the Ryder Cup."If he doesn't enjoy it, he needs to relinquish his area as well as obtain individuals there that do love the Ryder Cup,"Azinger said."

Not everybody welcomes it. But if you don't enjoy it as well as you're not sold out, then I believe Brooks-- specifically being injured-- ought to consider whether he really wishes to be there." Azinger had not been alone in his take on the Koepka interview. However Koepka has actually worked hard to recover from a wrist injury that required him to withdraw from the Scenic tour Championship in the third round previously this month.

And also he addressed his movie critics in his meeting with the media on Thursday. "I never claimed (the Ryder Cup) was unfavorable. Y' all rotated it in this way, "Koepka claimed, describing the media. "I never said it was unfavorable. I said it was different. Like I claimed, I've never played any one of these group events. I didn't play Pedestrian Mug. Never played Junior Ryder Mug. Never ever played anything. I simply said it's various.

"That does not suggest it misbehaves. Y' all rotated it this way.

"It takes a little of changing once you get out there, it's the same thing; it's competition. It's, go place the ball in the hole as swiftly as feasible, as well as struck the best shot you can. It takes a little bit of changing yet it's tough. I indicate, my whole life, I just played a specific sporting activity and go to a team, so it is various.

"However I appreciate it. I think it's fun."

When asked if he assumed some of the expected 45,000 followers per day could assume he doesn't love the Ryder Mug, Koepka said he "can just do my job."

"And then y' all record whatever your opinion or side might be," he claimed. "So you guys have type of already spun it negatively, so it sort of is going to flow to the followers since you men are type of our only outlet besides social networks. So it's exactly how you individuals take it as well as spin it, and also you individuals spun it adversely. Whatever they believe is sort of off what they review, whether you compose a write-up, whatever you're doing. They read that things. So it's all sort of your people' viewpoint, they are mosting likely to take that side a little much more."

When it comes to his injured wrist, Koepka claimed he's all great.

"I resemble glass, so I wouldn't say I am one hundred percent," he stated. "I feel fine. I feel just as good as I've really felt in a long time. Over the previous week and a fifty percent, I did a great deal of service it with Derek Samuel, my instructor. He was down with me for about eight days, so able to type of job everything out and also see to it it's fine. Yet I feel great and also I'm ready to go as much or as little as they desire."

Even if he's asked to

play 36 openings per day on Friday as well as Saturday?"I'm good, "he claimed. As well as there have actually been no dustups with Bryson DeChambeau. The two have quarreled on social media sites that past 4 months, which led some to ask yourself if there would certainly be troubles in the group area this week. There have not been. In a video posted by the UNITED STATES's Ryder Mug social media sites account, the two had a brief discussion on the driving variety and all seemed civil.

"We get on the same team with each other,"Koepka stated when asked what his relationship was with DeChambeau. "We have actually had dinner nearly every evening as a group. I got here on Monday. Everyone that gets on our team is communicating and everyone is participating in discussions and also doing everything we need to do."

Which is to recover the four-pound, 17-inch tall gold cup.